Day 12 of 30
Iced Coffee Mousse
Adapted from Gourmet Magazine
- 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup well-chilled heavy cream
1. Start by sprinkling the gelatin over the water in a small bowl. Let it soften for about 2 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, add condensed milk and espresso powder. Slowly heat up the mixture, add in the gelatin, and whisk until dissolve
3. Remove mixture from the heat and add the vanilla. Let the mixture cool down.
4. In a bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks are form. Slowly fold in the espresso mixture. Mix well and pour mixture into a mould that’s lined with plastic wrap. Chill overnight.