Day 18 of 30
Coffee Panna Cotta
Adapted from Secrets From My Tuscan Kitchen by Judy Witts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1 sheet of 3 inch by 9 inch gelatin sheet
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
1. In a small saucepan slowly heat the heavy cream, sugar, and instant espresso on low. Do not let it boil. Once the mixture is hot and the espresso powder has melted, turn off the flame.
2. In a bowl soak the gelatin for about 5 minutes until it is soft. Squeeze out the excess water. Place the soft gelatin into the saucepan with the heated milk and heavy cream. Stir until the gelatin is dissolve.
3. Scrape seeds from the vanilla bean into the saucepan and add the bean as well. Let it steep in the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, take out the whole vanilla bean. Pour the mixture into a mould lined with plastic wrap or wax paper (Thanks Chopin And My Saucepan for the tip!). Chill for at least 5 hours or overnight.