Day 16 of 30
Strawberry Panna Cotta
Adapted from Secrets From My Tuscan Kitchen by Judy Witts
- 8 to 10 strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 sheets of 3 inch by 9 inch gelatin sheet
- 3 tablespoon sugar
1. In a blender purée the strawberries. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan slowly heat the heavy cream, milk, and sugar on low. Do not let it boil. Once the mixture is hot turn off the flame.
3. In a bowl soak the gelatin for about 5 minutes until it is soft. Squeeze out the excess water. Place the soft gelatin into the saucepan with the heated milk and heavy cream. Stir until the gelatin is dissolve.
4. Pour the heavy cream and milk mixture into a bowl and cool it to room temperature. Add the purée strawberry and mix.
5. Pour the mixture into moulds lined with plastic wrap or wax paper (Thanks Chopin And My Saucepan for the tip!). Chill for at least 5 hours or overnight.