Day 19 of 30
Creamy Mushroom Pâté
From 100 Best Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Gelles
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups mix wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 ounce cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
1. In a pan melt the butter and sautéed the shallots until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook until any mushroom juice has evaporated. Add in the parsley, thyme, and season with salt. Cook until the mushroom is soft.
2. Turn off the flame and add in the cream cheese a little at a time. Then add in the heavy cream. Mix well.
3. Cool the mushroom mixture to room temperature. Fill the mixture into a mould lined with plastic wraps. Chill for about 5 hours or overnights.